What a week it has been. Finally today I've finished my exams, and the summer holidays can actually start ! I've decided that I have to find some new things to do, so why not learn a new language ? I mean I've got 2 whole months to study it, so if I put a little effort in to it everyday then I should be able to do the basics and we'll see how I go further on after that.


Maybe that's what this blog could be about ? My journey whilst I learn a new language..
Okay that sounds so dramatic, no this blog will just be about me and my hectic life, living with parents, cats and husky. Yes a HUSKY.



My parents and I are first time dog owners, we've had cats all our lives. So they recommend we take something like a golden retriever or labrador as a what you could call 'starter dog'..
Wills.
But no, my parents had to call in the big shots and get a Siberian Husky. Now I must admit, he's a wonderfull dog. And I love him to bits. But he's such a pain sometimes, constantly biting ( the dog school says it phase, called being a puppy )
We've already come up with various nicknames for him.. like homewrecker, little piece of shit, trouble. But his real name is actually Wills.
Wills is derived from Will, William.. My parents bought him on the day of Prince William and Kate Middleton's marriage, my mom ( whose British ) felt bad for missing the wedding, so she thought it would be appropriate to name the dog after the prince.
Great now he thinks he's bloody royalty. & he acts like it sometimes.


Anyway, lets see... what languages could I learn? Well the languages that I think are extremely awesome

  • Russian  ; but I guess that's a difficult one, different alphabet..
  • Spanish  ; always loved this language, and I attempted learning it before
  • German  ; they teach me this at school already, but it might be more fun to acutally be ahead of the others in my class.. Or the lessons will be boring then ..
  • Italian      ; close to Spanish, but with minor differences ..
So there we have it, my list of languages I'd like to learn, now it's just a case of choosing one of them. Russian would be really cool though.. I could get like podcasts for on my iPod that could help me learn the language. And those  kinds of things..


Hmm, we'll see. Anyway I'm off for today, talk to you tomorrow (:

0 opinions:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 • Grace ? Yes that would be me. • Design by Dzignine